Friday 14 August 2020

Just Add Ink #518 Tropical Tent Card

 



Hello again and welcome back to another Friday, and another week closer to Spring!! Here in Melbourne we are almost at the end of Week 2 of Stage 4 Restrictions and we are thankfully starting to see some improvements. One of the bonuses of being at home most of the day is being able to make the most of the increasing sunshine hours we've been blest with. The days are getting longer and we are getting some glimpses of beautiful sunsets that I'm sure will be even better as Summer comes along.

Image may contain: text


This week at Just Add Ink we have one of Tina's fun alphabet challenges and she wants you to Add things beginning with the letter "T" to your projects. Whether that be Tea Tree  or Tortoises or Turquoise....  whatever begins with the letter T we would love to see! Our lovely design team always enjoy these too and the variety of subjects and T elements are so fun to see! So I hope that you will be inspired to pop on over and take a peek and we'd really love you to join with us too.


I'm calling this a Tropical Thanks acetate Tent card. Try saying that quickly three times, lol! 😀
The lovely Celebrate Sunflowers bundle just arrived here this week and this is my first of likely many cards using it. Sunflowers are my favourite summer flower of all time and I usually plant some each year. 


The Acetate Tent Card tutorial I used to make this is from Split Coast Stampers. Yes, I did change the measurements slightly to fit Australian C6 sizes but it is easy to do. 
This card would've come together so much quicker if I had followed my own rule. Which is to go with the first idea that comes along. Instead of that though, I started using coloured die cuts and even some inside the tent window. But in the end, the simple white die cut blooms I had first intended seemed best.


Card Stock: Whisper White (Thick and Standard), Pumpkin Pie, Acetate
Designer Series Paper: 6" Sampler (SAB)
Ink: Versamark
Stamps: Celebrate Sunflowers
Accessories: Die Cutting Machine, Sunflower Dies, Gold Faceted Gems, Black Shimmery EP

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you can take a moment to pop on over to Just Add Ink and see all the design team cards and I look forward to see what "T" elements you will choose to create with this week too!!

Til next time,
Jan

3 comments:

  1. Jan that's a great rule! I should adopt that - would save lots of time! Love your acetate easel and thinking of all our Victorian's, enjoy the sunshine and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Jan! Love the sunflowers in white on the acetate! A fantastic way make a different look! Thanks for sharing! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Jan, looking forward to getting the sunflower dies. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete