Friday 11 February 2022

JAI #590 Plentiful Plant Friends




Happy Friday everyone and welcome! It's been a hot Summer here in Australia this year and this coming weekend in Melbourne is no different. The schools are back now though which is wonderful for our young people. And our international borders are set to open in a few weeks. How amazing will that be for those missing friends and families abroad!!


This week at Just Add Ink it's time for an Inspiration Photo Challenge and this cute little cactus has been suggested by the lovely Nikki. Our lovely design team have created an array of beautiful cards to inspire you. The lovely thing about a Photo challenge is you can take what appeals to you from it to kick start you creative process.


I was inspired simply by there being a green plant and the subtle little polka dot pattern in the background.
During lockdown, I started collecting house plants. This has been a fun learning curve for an outside gardener.  A lovely friend gave me a Fiddle Leaf fig for Christmas and she has one too so their progress is something we can share. So when I saw this image in the co ordinating DSP, I knew it should be the star of my card for this week. Isn't she gorgeous?!!


The paper Lattice is also part of this Suite of products and really is lovely. I used it for a pattern background in the way the polka dots are in the photo and raised it up. After fussy cutting the little Fiddle, I added some Wink of Stella to it. Then with the twine, a sentiment and a sprinkling of Basic Jewels this very neutral coloured card is done. And it is as big a surprise to me, as it may be to some of you that I didn't add a touch of pink at all!! 


Card stock: Basic White, Thick and Standard
Designer Series Paper: Bloom Where You're Planted, Paper Lattice
Ink: Everest Evergreen
Stamps: Plentiful Plants
Accessories: Die Cutting Machine, Perfect Plants Dies, White Twine, Wink of Stella, Basic Jewels (rhinestones),


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoy your weekend and I look forward to seeing what you will create using this beautiful photo Inspiration Pic at Just Add Ink this week.

'Til next time,

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment