Friday 18 October 2024

Birthday Layers of Beauty for JAI #724



Happy Friday and welcome!! It is incredible how in just one week, how the weather can warm up enough to mean that it's time to change over to a Spring/Summer wardrobe from Winter. So glad that this time is now here! Spring is my favourite time of year, so much hope in the air! I hope that your week has gone well too!


We have a Colour Challenge with a difference for you at Just Add Ink this week! This fun challenge has been suggested by Nikki - that we use Misty Moonlight and Peach Pie (or the equivalent colours) and then choose one another colour to add for the third colour of the challenge. Ooh! This is going to be fun to see what colours everyone chooses! The design team have created a variety of cards to inspire you - but we wait to see you inspire US with this challenge! I really hope that you can pop on over to Just Add Ink and join with us!


For my card I CASEd  (Copy and selectively edited) a card on page 57 of the Annual Catalogue. The catalogue is such a wonderful resource to take an idea and build on it to create something more.

The two challenge colours would be used for the flowers and then for a choice of green, I used the Colour Theory graphics on pages 132-133 to help me choose Granny Apple Green.


The Layers of Beauty masks are wonderful tools to help add -indeed, layers - of colour. So this is what I did. Starting with a really light layer of coverage with the Peach especially and the Moonlight and increasingly adding a little heavier colour for each layer. 
I love to water colour and to use markers to do this...and I was amazed at the amount of texture and detail in these masks.


I didn't change too much about the card because I loved it as it was! 
Obviously its now a portrait card, with an embossed white layer and the sentiment is different...and just a little - or big - gold bow. Metallics being allowed with colour challenges.


Thanks for stopping by today! I hope that you are excited to join with us at Just Add Ink this week as we will be keen to learn what colours you would add to complete this Colour Challenge Combo!

Card stock: Whisper White (Thick and Standard), Midnight Muse
DSP: 2024-2026 In colour 
Inks: Peach Pie, Midnight Muse, Granny Apple Green
Stamps: Layers of Beauty, Well Said (retired)
Accessories: Die Cutting Machine, Layers of Beauty Masks, Layers of Beauty Dies, Forever Plaid EF, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Enamel Dots (retired). White EP.

'Til next time,
Jan














 

No comments:

Post a Comment