Saturday, 22 August 2026

Just Because Pet Sympathy for CI #215


Hello and welcome! It's the weekend and I'm grateful for finally starting to feel better after battling fevers for a few weeks now. Hopefully it will be onwards and upwards from here on.


Today, I'm playing along with the team at Colour Inkspiration Challenges  who have this very pretty Colour combo this week. I love Pool Party and Night of Navy but the other two colours I must admit I haven't looked at for a little while so this is a great opportunity to show them some love.

During the week, a friend shared how upset they and their kids are over having to say goodbye to their family dog at the vets. It was just a two week illness and came as such a shock. Saying goodbye to a dog where the kids can't remember life without them is such a tough time for kids and parents alike. So this card is for their family.


To create my card, I started with the four Challenge colours in card stock and cut these into 1cm and 1/2" strips. These were used to create a horizontal background pattern, on a piece of Basic White which was then added to a Basic White card base.


Next, there is a little spray of leaves using the beautiful Fern and Flora dies. I love the fabulous, deep textural details these dies produce and the little butterfly also has a pretty and detailed design and here is white embossed.
The white strip of paws sits just under another layer of navy card, white embossed with the sentiment. And the finishing touches are a swirl of white twine and a little sprinkling of silver sequins.


Thanks for stopping by today! I hope that you enjoy your weekend and the last week of Winter ahead.
You too can enter and see more details about this challenge at Colour Inkspiration Challenges. You have until Monday at 5pm to get your project in.

Card stock: Pool Party, Night of Navy, Flirty Flamingo, Calypso Coral, Basic White
Inks: Versamark
Stamps: Fern & Flora, Flowering Meadow
Accessories: Die Cutting Machine, Fern & Flora dies, Cutest Crew Dies, White EP, White Twine, Metallic Sequins Assortment.

'Til next time,
Jan




No comments:

Post a Comment