Sunday, 27 September 2026

Colour Inkspiration #218 Boxes of Joy

 


It's a long weekend in Melbourne as Friday was a holiday in honour of the Footy Final and the weather was cold outside so it was the perfect time to head for the craft room.


At Colour Inkspiration this week, they have a combo with a Winter warmer feel.
And it made me think of perhaps doing something Christmas related.


I had bought the Box of Joy stamp set recently and mainly because of the "Spoiler alert: it's not a pony" sentiment as 2 of my teenage nieces are horse mad and this saying made me smile! But in the process of deciding what colour of card stock to use as the box...I realised I had used all 3 colours and so decided to use them all for this week's challenge.


All three of the little boxes are made using last year's Jolly Delivery dies and embossed using the Plaid EF.
This image from Unbridled Beauty was my starting point and I wanted the fun sentiment to be a highlight so it is embossed in white on red card. 


I also have a teenage nephew and he is car mad....though the ironic thing here is that I am the only family member with a VW! 😂 A retired set for the image but the new set provides the sentiment again here. Black satin ribbon beneath the red & white twine helps give that black tie masculine look.


And last but not least is this adult - or maybe not - chocolate themed gift box. 
The sweet images are also from the Box of Joy and are coloured with Blends and fussy cut. I forgot to show the back of the boxes - each has the smallest round Spotlight on Nature used as a white piece of card and a small gold circle over the locking circle used to keep te box closed.


Thanks for popping by and I hope that you like my entry for CI #218 and this encourages you to create your own project for this great challenge!

Card stock: Real Red, Basic Black, Pecan Pie, Basic White, Gold Foil
Inks: Pecan Pie, Momento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Stamps: Box of Joy. (Current). Unbridled Beauty, Jolly Delivery and Home for Christmas are all retired.
Accessories : Die cutting machine, Perennial Postage Dies, Spotlight on Nature dies, Plaid EF, Jolly Delivery Dies, White EP, Red grograin ribbon, Black satin ribbon, Red & White twine.

"Til next time,
Jan
















No comments:

Post a Comment