Friday, 25 September 2026

Koookaburra Flys away with the Star JAI #795

 


Happy Friday and welcome to what in Melbourne, is a long weekend to celebrate the AFL footy final. Something many of us here in Victoria raise eyebrows about. But this year, will be interesting - Sunshine for the holiday on Friday and for Sunday but game day- rain and apparently during the game! Perhaps the weather is responding to neither of the teams being local?? Or perhaps it could be to give those of us not particularly interested in the game a reason to be in our craft rooms. 😉 Perhaps I could support the team with longest odds whilst I make a card and maybe you might join me? 😀


This week at Just Add Ink  we have one of our regular challenges - to Just Add Stencils, Dies or both. And from now on, these challenges will have a theme to help spark your creativity. This week the theme is KIDS. Our design team has pulled out all the stops, lots a of dies and a few stencils too to help give you some starting points and we'd love you to join us and add your entry over on the Just Add Ink blog. You have until Wednesday 30 September so lots of time to plan your creation.


For my card....I took this and kind of hopped with it! I used lots of dies to create my Aussie Christmas scene card. You will know the old Nursery rhyme, Hey Diddle Diddle -where the dish ran away with the spoon. Well, let me give you an Aussie version - where the Kooka(burra) flew away with the star! 😂


Firstly, the kangaroo and joey and the cheeky little kookaburra are all from the Joyful Christmas stamp set. Unfortunately there are no dies with this set - and no NZ animals which I do find rather sad as a Kiwi myself....but we'll save that for another day.


For the background, I've used the wonderful Christmas Words Hybrid EF which has both the EF to emboss all these words and then a matching die to cut them all out - which was used to cut out the sentiment after I coloured it using Blends. You do have to move quickly if colouring so the ink doesn't spread off the letters.


Then the Tree and all it's decorations are from the retired Decorative Trees Bundle. Here the base tree is water coloured on regular card stock and then the some Red foil is used to create a tinsel effect and then there are the foil baubels and the glimmer star  and tree base are all cut using dies from this set. 

This card I will use to send to family members and / or friends with kids as the roo and joey seems a real family friendly image to me and whilst it might be going out on a bit of a tree limb for this challenge I hope it is something the kids enjoy.


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope that you might like to join us at Just Add Ink for this challenge and I look forward to seeing what Kid friendly Die and /or Stencil creations you might make this fortnight!

Card stock: Shaded Spruce, Basic White, Gold Foil, Gold Glimmer
Designer Series Paper : Joy of Christmas (long retired), 
Stamps: Joyful Friends
Inks: Momento Tuxedo Black, Shaded Spruce, Blends.
Accessories: Die Cutting Machine, Christmas Words Hybrid EF, Decorative Trees Bundle, Water Brush, Wink of Stella, Red and white twine

'Til next time,
Jan














No comments:

Post a Comment