Tuesday 15 January 2019

Happy New Year 2019!!!!


A very Happy New Year to you and welcome back! I hope that you had a beautiful Christmas and a wonderful start to 2019 so far! Here we are in the midst of Summer - so that means school holidays and long hot days and occasional early morning trips to the beach. And currently, Melbourne is in the midst of a heat wave as we host the Australian Open (Tennis).
So before we get back into the fun Just Add Ink challenge routine (which starts with a fab Blog Hop this Friday!) I thought I'd share the last of the Christmas and New Year cards I made this Season. I purchased the Dashing Deer set only in December and surprised myself by how handy it turned out to be 😀

For the very last (but possibly my favourite) of the Christmas card designs, is this one. Very clean and simple and lets the metallic infused DSP and embossed sentiment be the bling.


Same idea but different, was the first of the Happy New Year cards. Traditionally, I don't make these but did find I needed a few this year.


To centre the numbers, I used my grid paper and measured but found using some twine as a "level" really helped too 😊



I also wanted to create some New Year cards with a fireworks theme so for these, I turned to Brusho.
Sprinkling a little of the crystals and then hitting them with a spray of water created great effects.



The colours move and partially blend and raising the numbers on white die cuts helps them be distinctive.



I love how unpredictable each Brusho attempt is - you never quite know how it is going to work out. This one has a real sense of movement and I teamed it with a black sentiment to add to a masculine look.




Well, I hope you have enjoyed seeing the last of the Seasonal cards for 2018 and I and look forward to sharing some new creations and challenges with you soon.

Happy stamping til next time,

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment