Wednesday 19 March 2014

Scalloped Tag Closure

Well its been a bit of a busy day today but while Sally the Lab's dulcet snores resonate from the couch I have a card to show you for the Paper Players challenge this week :-)


It does feel a little bit sad to be creating a "Spring" card when here in Australia it is now Autumn…sad only because I LOVE Spring and I don't like Winter and guess which Season we will be facing next here?? But it has been a beautifully sunny and warm 27 degrees (Celsius!) today so Winter might be a little way off yet :-)

And I had the opportunity to play with the fabulous Scalloped Tag Topper punch today too! So I used a great tutorial by a very talented Aussie stamper, Tanya Bell for the basic measurements of this card.



The card base is Sahara Sand and the pretty DSP is from the Watercolor Wonder pack. I suspect that is what inspired me to then water colour the Papillon Potpourri butterflies :-)

For the sentiment I stamped the Starburst Saying in both Sumer Starfruit and then Calypso Coral and cut out the " world" by hand before layering with dimensionals.


And while this is to be a Clean and Simple card, I didn't want the card to be all "one sided" if you get what I mean :-) so I added a little Gorgeous Grunge and a second butterfly on what is also the inside.

Card stock: Sahara Sand, Calypso Coral, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Watercolor Wonder
Inks: Summer Starfruit, Calypso Coral, Sahara Sand, Black Stazon
Stamps: Starburst Sayings, Papillon Potpourri, Gorgeous Grunge
Accessories: Big Shot, Starburst Framelits, Scallop Tag Topper Punch, Sweet Sorbet Accessories Pack (Twine), Aqua Painter

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you too can visit the Paper Players this week and be inspired to enter the challenge too!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan






6 comments:

  1. Oh these colors are lovely together and so pretty for spring! Love your butterflies and the bit of gorgeous grunge is just perfect! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Jan!! The use of grunge under the 2nd butterfly looks perfectly balanced!!! -Katerina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Katerina! You know how I love the Grunge for a bit of background :-)

      Delete
  3. Oh, so sorry your Spring is over but I certainly hope you had a nice season, Jan! Love, love your Scalloped Tag Topper card, I am dying to make one of my own so thank you for the link to the tutorial! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful creation with us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sandy! Yes, love Spring!! This is my first Tag Topper card and was fun to make :-) I look forward to seeing your cards!

      Delete