Wednesday 15 July 2015

Toadally Awesome for PCCCSC 153


The "chill factor" has certainly lived up to expectations the last few days. We've had our two coldest day in 20 years !And we  hope to see the sun sometime before we forget what it looks like….ok, not quite THAT bad :-) But there's been plenty of cloud and rain and some hail too….so I've looked it up - just under 7 weeks till Spring  - and yes, I will be counting :-)

And now it's time for a new sketch from The Paper Craft Crew. The Design Team have created a great variety of cards to inspire you so I hope you can take a moment to pop on over and take a look.

Here is the sketch:


Lots of layers, which I know some love but I found this one a little scary. But that's what a challenge is about - pushing the boundaries of our comfort zones so we grow isn't it :-)

Here is my card:

Of course this colour can be a bit scary too but it does make a cute frog / toad :-) I swapped the card stock and DSP from the sketch around  and used the new Silver Metallic thread instead of ribbon which enabled the card to have a clean look along with the crisp colours. As for the colouring….I am becoming friends with my Aqua Painter - it's all quite new to me but am enjoying learning!


Card stock: Cucumber Crush, Whisper White
DSP: Cherry On Top Stack
Inks: Cucumber Crush, Momento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: You're Sublime, Petite Petals
Accessories: Big Shot, Circle Framelits, Large Polka Dots EF, 3/4" Circle Punch, Triple Banner Punch, Petite Petals Punch, Angled Tag Topper Punch (Retired), Aqua Painter, Silver Metallic Thread, Basic Rhinestones

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you can take a moment to pop on over and see the inspiration from the Team at The Paper Craft Crew and I look forward to seeing what you will create with this sketch too!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan


1 comment:

  1. Green is my favourite colour Jan so I adore your card. Your frog is gorgeous & the whole card is fun & elegant. -Katerina

    ReplyDelete