Friday 17 February 2017

Happiest Ice cream for JAI #347


Hello, happy Friday to you and welcome :-) This week has been full of beautiful days - not too hot during the day and cool enough to sleep at night. Perfect :-)

Talking of warm weather, we have a new challenge at Just Add Ink this week. Kim has suggested these rich and beautiful colours for us all to use. Our lovely team have created a fabulous array of cards to inspire you so I hope you can take a moment to pop on over and take a look and join us.

Here are the colours:

And here is my card:


Every so often, I struggle with a colour challenge and this was one of those times. Whilst I use Pear Pizzaz often, the other three colours I haven't used much at all recently and so it was a good challenge to push me out of my comfort zone :-)
And I could imagine the ice cream flavours for these colours so that was the beginning of this card. 


One way to quickly and easily cut the "wonky" panel, is to use Rectangle Framelits. I cut the smaller one first and then drew around it onto the Purple layer and so lining up the angles was easy to do :-)

Card stock: Perfect Plum, Whisper White, Rose Red, Mint Macaron, Crumb Cake
DSP: Regals Stack
Inks: Perfect Plum, Rose Red, White Craft, Chocolate Chip
Stamps: Cool Treats, Sealed With Love
Accessories: Big Shot, Frozen Treats Framelits, Love Notes Framelits, Regals Enamel Shapes
Non SU: Stitched Rectangles - Simon Says Stamps

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you can take a moment to pop on over to Just Add Ink and see the inspiration from our lovely team and I look forward to see what you will create with these fun colours this week too!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

6 comments:

  1. Genius idea to make an ice cream with the colours, Jan & such a fun & happy birthday card. Nailed it!
    D :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made some great cards using Cool Treats Jan! I love your idea of thinking of the colours as flavours - but you didn't tell us which ones! The triple scoop is such a fun idea for a really cute birthday card! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops!! Strawberry, the mint is the base for Goodie Gum Drops from memory, and Boysenberry :-) Thanks so much Kim :-) xxx

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love this card, Jan. You wouldn't know you'd struggled with these colours at all. It looks good enough to eat (and ice cream being my favourite food, I'd have no trouble). This looks like the perfect 'kiwi' triple scoop to me. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'm craving ice cream at 5:30 am!! Such a sweet card~love the yummy angled panel~

    ReplyDelete