Friday 24 February 2017

Shining Light for JAI #348


Hello and happy Friday to you! It's hard to believe that we are in the last week of Summer already. Just where has the time gone? This season has seemed to be a mixture of hot and cooler days - very pleasant and I will be sad to see it end.


The new challenge this week at Just Add Ink  was suggested by Rochelle and is one I know so many of you are going to love! Ombre colouring is so on trend at the moment and our lovely and talented design team have all made fabulous examples to inspire you so I hope you can take a moment to pop on over and join us.


This was my first play with this stamp and I wanted to make something with a masculine theme and created a stormy sky for this bold lighthouse. I think if I was to do it again, I'd do the sea in a lighter colour... I used Smoky Slate for the sky and used a sponge dauber to create the ombre effect. (I know, the sponge rollers are something I don't have yet but they are coming :-))
Once it was dry, the sea gulls were embossed in white and adds a little contrast to the darkest part of the sky. And some Wink of Stella flicked over things adds to the feeling of a rainy day.


This had the potential to be a one layer card, but that is something I find hard to leave, so stamped another lighthouse and added on dimensionals over the original one :-)

Card Stock: Island Indigo, Whisper White
Inks: Smoky Slate, Island Indigo, Watermelon Wonder, Crushed Curry, Sahara Sand, Momento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Stamps: High Tide
Accessories: White EP, Clear Wink of Stella, Sponge Daubers

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you can take a moment to pop on over to Just Add Ink and see all the fabulous cards our talented team have created to inspire you. And I look forward to seeing what you will create with this fun theme this week too!

8 comments:

  1. The grey sky is a fabulous way to use the ombre challenge this week Jan! Love it. Such a great masculine card. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan you did an awesome job of capturing a stormy sky. I think using the sponge really helped created that cloudy feel. I love how your scene is so darkly atmospheric but at the same time has vibrant colour too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ombré grey sky! Very lovely Jan and I also love the way you did the water. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that stormy ombre sky Jan, you have really created an atmospheric feel and the sparkly speckles are the perfect accent. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful moody looking sky! Such a fabulous masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow wow wow, that stormy sky is fabulous, Jan. As Karren says, it's moody. Love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the white-embossed seagulls against that awesome stormy sky, Jan. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Jan. A brilliant idea to do a stormy sky & brilliantly executed too - so realistic & I love the addition of the birds. Very clever card all round.
    Di :)
    PS. what is this one layer card you speak of? ;)

    ReplyDelete