Friday 7 December 2018

Dragonfly Rainbow for JAI #437



Happy hot Friday and welcome!! Summer has truly started with a bang here in Australia - 35 degrees yesterday and we are expecting 38 in the city today so it could well get to 40 degrees where we are just north of Melbourne. The heat definitely played a part in my card for this week's Just Add Ink challenge!

Image may contain: text


Yes, it's time for a new challenge and this one is a good one that just might make you put your thinking cap on too 😊It is another of Tina's popular letter challenges and this week it's the letter "I" think Ice, (with or without the cream on top), Incredible and another Summer constant....Insects πŸ˜€
The design team had fun with this one so we hope that you will too and we'd love to see what Interesting Items you can come up with starting with "I" as the main focus for your projects.


As I said earlier, I was inspired by the Summer heat and have used both an Ink blending technique and Insects as the focus for my card. The Inky background uses a rainbow of Distress Inks on watercolor paper which helps to get a smooth blend effect. I am no expert but I found after laying down a couple of colours that it helps to go back to the first colour and go over the edges to help them blend better. Distress Inks stay wet a little longer than SU inks so that also helps with the blending process.
Here, I was going for a hot evening's sunset effect where the dragonflies (Insects) would indeed be flying around lol!


Dragonfly wings are pretty shiny in real life so I opted for some Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper for the top layer of these little fellows and a few rhinestones sprinkled here and there for further glitz.
Stitched Rectangles I hear you say!! But no, these are not those ones - not yet 😊


This lovely stamp set from the Annual Catalogue is one I've neglected for a little while so it was good to have a reason to pull it out for this challenge as it reminded me of the fabulous sentiments it has amongst the images too.


Card Stock: Whisper White (thick), Basic Black, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
Ink: Versamark
Stamps: Dragonfly Dreams
Accessories: Big Shot, Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits, Basic Rhinestones, White EP
Non SU: Distress Inks (Ranger/TH): Cracked Pistachio, Twisted Citron, Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey, Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean, Mermaid Lagoon, Blueprint Sketch
Watercolor Paper  -Ranger/TH, Stitched Rectangle Framelits SSS

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope that you can pop on over to Just Add Ink and see all the fun "I" Items our Incredible design team have created to Inspire you and I look forward to seeing what  you feature in your project for this week's "I" letter challenge!

In the meantime, it's back to the pool for this melting little Ice block ....πŸ˜…
Happy stamping until next time,

Jan



No comments:

Post a Comment