Wednesday 26 December 2018

A Special Pendulum Christmas



Happy Boxing Day everyone!! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas Day full of joy and peace with lots of fun and relaxing moments too. Have you been off to the Sales today or are you waiting for the biggest sale of the year in Saleabration 😀We had a lovely day that started with Midnight Mass and then we had a long lunch with friends and a total of 6 doggies - and yes they all got along beautifully!


As most of you will know, Sally Junior arrived in August from Guide Dogs Victoria and so I wanted a special card for the staff there for Christmas. Sally was given to me as a Companion and we've undergone further training and she's now a registered Assistance Dog so comes with me everywhere I go and she's truly changed my life for the better so I am indeed very grateful.
I found this cute card by Karolyn Loncon and decided to CASE it using mainly Stampin Up products except for the cute doggy which is another gorgeous MFT creation.


It is a pendulum card and the dog's head moves from side to side. Karolyn has a link to YT video on her page that shows how to add the pendulum.


 I did need to make two adjustments to the mechanism - instead of a penny, I used a 5c coin - but same idea. I also didn't have a slider disc so instead used two mini dimensionals on top of one another and rubbed them well with the embossing buddy so they were no longer sticky and it works well 😊
I coloured the dog to be a Golden Lab and then took liberties with the harness lol.


The harness reminded me a little of Sally's working harness so I had to make another didn't I 😀
The background inking is some distress Inks and the doggy image is coloured in a mixture of Copics and Stampin Blends.




And whilst I was on a roll....there is one last one coloured to be a chocolate Lab
for yet more doggy friends....



Such fun but quite detailed though I'm sure they will all be swinging their way through Christmas!


Card Stock: Melon Mambo, Tranquil Tide, Whisper White
Inks: Momento Tuxedo Black, Blends: Lovely Lipstick, Blackberry Bliss and Razzleberry Combos
Stamps: Hearts Come Home
Accessories: Big Shot, Layering Alphabet Edgelits, Irridescent and Metallic Sequins Assortments, Black EP
Non SU:  Deck the Howls by MFT, Copic Markers, Distress ink (Salty Ocean) TH/ Ranger, Watercolor Card stock Ranger

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you are enjoying the Christmas season!!

Happy stamping until next time.

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment