Friday 2 March 2018

Berry Happy Birthday for JAI #398



Wow, the first week of March is here already - Happy Autumn (or Spring if you're visiting from the Northern Hemisphere). It's hard to believe that it's time for Summer to end - February wasn't quite as hot as usual but we've had a few crisp mornings lately so it does feel like there's change in the air.


It's also time for a new challenge at Just Add Ink. This week we have a gorgeous Colour challenge suggested by Patrice. Our talented and lovely design team have all made fabulous projects to inspire you so I hope you can take a moment and pop on over and join us :-)


Yes, I'm a pink lover and Berry Burst is my favourite colour to stamp with after Melon Mambo :-) However , I'm not usually a user of Crumb Cake and the like ( I know, ducking for cover!) so this pretty combo threw me a little initially. But after I decided to water colour the flower image from Beautiful Day everything finally came together.


For the background I used the gorgeous Shimmery White embossing paste with some drops of Sahara Sand Re-inker added.  Using a Silicone Craft Sheet as a palette makes it easy to mix the colour through before using the stencil and taping the card stock down to a board reduces warping.
As there are no greens for leaves in the colours, I cut off the leaf from the image and die cut some vellum leaves using the Eclectic Layers Framelits.


So lots of sparkle and shine!! Funnily enough I found the neutral colour wasn't quite as scary as I had first thought so how good is that!! So much so that I have a couple more cards to show you in a couple of days :-)

Card stock: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Berry Burst, Vellum
Inks: Versamark, Berry Burst, Sahara Sand (Reinker)
Stamps: Beautiful Day
Accessories: Big Shot, Eclectic Layers Thinlits, Pattern Party Decorative Masks, Shimmery White Embossing Paste, Gold EP, White EP, Aqua Painter, Basic Rhinestones
Non SU: Watercolor paper- Tim Holtz Distress watercolor card stock

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you can pop over to Just Add Ink and see all the beautiful cards our lovely team have made to inspire you and I look forward to seeing what you will create with these pretty colours too!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

5 comments:

  1. Simply lovely card, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely lovely, Jan. Your watercoloured flower is just beautiful, and I love the shimmery embossing paste background. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful Jan! The water colouring, embossing and all of the little details combine to make this a real "WOW" project! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is jaw dropping, Jan! Just stunning, especially the watercolored bloom.

    ReplyDelete